08 September 2007

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

In our fight to reassemble a sensible sleeping schedule, I'm pretty sure someone's just laughing at us...

I hadn't slept much for a couple days, and when last night rolled around, again -- for some nonsensical reason -- I wasn't sleepy. Fortunately, after talking the usual drugs, I was out by 1:30.

Milli woke me up at 10, saying that breakfast awaited, that she'd been up for a while, and that I'd finally slept the good sleep. But nothing could move me. Finally, after prodding and poking me in vain for 20 minutes, she fell asleep next to me!

At noon, I woke up. Still tired, but determined to get up anyway, I read my emails and ate some of the mango Milli had cut up. Then went to wake up Milli. Through closed eyes she explained why this wasn't going to happen: "My muscles aren't working; all I can do is lie still and sleep." As I tried to prove otherwise, while dangerously lying down again, the inevitable happened and I succombed.

Now... it's 3:30pm. And we both just got up. Breakfast, anyone?

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Ahahahahahahaha. Sorry, I finally have time to catch up on all of these posts. Hahaha.